MOHNTON, Pa. -
Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 14:22 PM
Universal Technical Institute High School Challenge April 27 at Maple Grove Raceway
Courtesy of John Bisci
Maple Grove Raceway will host its annual Universal Technical Institute High School Challenge on
Sunday, April 27. Students will drag race in street-legal cars, competing for bragging rights
against other area high schools. The Challenge also offers aspiring young mechanics and racers an
opportunity to showcase what they've learned in automotive classrooms in front of their peers. Also
on the schedule is a high school alumni race: All past participants are welcome to compete in the
special Alumni Eliminator.
The overall winner on April 27 will represent Maple Grove Raceway at the NHRA Northeast Division
Summit Racing Series E.T. Final in September.
Gates will open at 8 a.m. with time trials at 9:30 a.m.
Race entry is $25 per student. Adult spectator admission is $15, young adults (ages 13-15) are $10
and kids 12 and under are free.
Last year, York Tech student Brandon Witmeyer of Thomasville, Pa., defeated Jeremy Bartman of
Daniel Boone High School in the final.
HIGH SCHOOL CHALLENGE
• Score team points for your school. The winning school will receive a championship
• Racer only has to win two rounds to receive a trophy.
• Overall individual high school champion will receive a large trophy and will
represent Maple Grove Raceway at the NHRA Northeast Division Summit Racing Series E.T. Final in
• All competitors must be current high school students with a valid driver's license.
• Cars may not run quarter-mile elapsed times quicker than 11.50 seconds.
• All cars must have a closed exhaust system.
• All vehicles must pass an NHRA technical inspection before making any runs.
• Motorcycles are not permitted.
• All cars must use street tires or D.O.T.-approved drag tires. Slicks are not
• All students under the age of 18 must present a parental release form signed by both
parents before competing. Only original consent forms will be accepted - no photocopies.
• Parental consent forms are available at Maple Grove Raceway.
Maple Grove Raceway's 52nd season of drag racing will open on Saturday, April 12, with grudge
racing and a Test 'n' Tune session.
For more information, please call Maple Grove Raceway at (610) 856-9200 or visit www.maplegroveraceway.comwww.maplegroveraceway.com. Follow Maple Grove Raceway
on Facebook and Twitter.
Drag News: 10 Most Recent Entries [ top ]
Mar 21- Gateway Motorsports Park Introduces VP Racing Lubricants Mid-America SuperCar Showdown
Mar 21- New Sharks of the Strip Outlaw Heads-up Racing Program Debuts Friday the 13th at Gateway Motorsports Park
Mar 21- 16th Annual NMCA Muscle Car Mayhem Race Wrap Up
Mar 21- Jones Scores at San Antonio Nitro Jam
Mar 21- Rai to Field Three Cars at Santo's Super Thunder Meet
Mar 21- Rapisarda Autosport International to Race in Adelaide
Mar 10- Dodge//SRT and Mopar Brands to Offer Complimentary Drag Race Experience for NMCA Competitors in 2018
Mar 10- Cottrell, Wittenberg, Hix, and Bates Come Out Swinging at the 2018 March Meet
Mar 09- Universal Technical Institute Named Official Sponsor of Sonoma Raceway’s Drags and Drift Program
Mar 09- Revitalized Street Fights Series Roars into Action with a New Look and Feel