MOHNTON, Pa. - Maple Grove Raceway has had dozens of dedicated workers keeping things running smoothly in its 51 years of existence.
During the 1970s, Maple Grove experienced great growth from a small, regional dragstrip into a national-caliber facility that eventually resulted in earning an NHRA National event in 1985.
This year's Walk of Fame class is entirely from that era and formed the backbone of the track staff. The five new members will be inducted Saturday during the Geezers Reunion at The Grove.
This year's class includes:
• • "Humble Bob" Donnelly, track announcer.
• •Vince Hamm, Maple Grove's former events director.
• •Al Wimmer, tech and staging lanes worker.
• •Don Wimmer, tech and staging lanes worker.
• •John Johnson, staging lanes worker.
The Maple Grove Raceway Walk of Fame inducted its first class in 2004.
Copyright ©2017 AUTOSALES INC, dba Summit Racing Equipment
Ready to take your order at 1-800-230-3030 | Customer Service 1-800-517-1035