MOHNTON, Pa. - Have you ever wanted to take a lap against one of the greats from the NHRA Mello Yello Series?
Racing fans will have their chance and be able to support a good cause. The Slick Willy's/NAPA Auto Parts Challenge benefiting the Kiss A Pig campaign features Don Schumacher Racing's Ron Capps and Antron Brown, who will be at Slick Willy's indoor go-kart racetrack on May 29 to help raise funds for the Olivet Boys & Girls Club of Reading, Pa.
The event helps cap the annual Kiss-A-Pig contest run by the Reading Eagle Company that benefits the Olivet Boys & Girls Club. Slick Willy's, part of The Works entertainment complex, is located in Wyomissing, Pa.
Capps has 39 career victories and presently drives the NAPA Funny Car for DSR. Brown, the defending NHRA World Champion in Top Fuel, was the runner-up last season at Maple Grove and set a national time record of 3.701 seconds. He pilots the Matco Tools dragster and has 38 wins between Top Fuel and Pro Stock Bike.
Also, between May 6-20, Maple Grove Raceway will be donating $10 to Olivet Boys & Girls Club from every Auto-Plus NHRA Nationals ticket sold.
The Challenge works like this:
• •Racers can come to Slick Willy's between May 6-20 and attempt to qualify for the May 29 race. For $75, they can run 28 laps - the equivalent of two time sessions. Each entrant will also receive a Slick Willy's driver's license. They can make qualifying runs between Monday and Friday during business hours.
• •Each racer that makes a qualifying run receives a free general admission ticket (a $50 value) to the NHRA Mello Yello Series event at Maple Grove Raceway on Sunday, Oct. 6.
• •The 60 quickest racers will then be invited to the main event on May 29.
• •On May 29, the top 60 will compete in eight groups of races, each running 14 laps to try and post the quickest lap time.
• •The quickest driver in each heat advances to the NAPA Auto Parts Kiss A Pig Championship, while the runner-up advances to the Slick Willy's B-Main, a 14-lap qualifier. The quickest driver from the latter race then goes to the championship.
• •Also, one driver from the remaining qualified drivers will be selected in a Maple Grove Raceway Wild Card drawing for a spot in the championship final.
•The championship race line will feature Capps, Brown and Reading Eagle Company publisher Peter Barbey.
•The driver with the quickest lap during the final will be recognized as Slick Willy's "Fastest Driver."
The winner will also receive a custom racing helmet, trophy, two suite tickets for the NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove on Sunday, Oct. 6, Slick Willy's passes, a Victory Lane photo with Capps and Brown, and more.
Second through fifth will receive trophies and other prizes.
Olivet Boys & Girls Club has been serving the youth of Reading and Berks County since 1898 when William McCormick started the first club in the former Olivet Presbyterian Church.
Maple Grove Raceway's 51st season includes events at the track every weekend between April and November. The 29th annual Auto-Plus NHRA Nationals will be held Oct. 3-6.
For more information, contact Maple Grove Raceway at (610) 856-9200 or visit www.maplegroveraceway.com.
Copyright ©2014 AUTOSALES INC, dba Summit Racing Equipment
Ready to take your order at 1-800-230-3030 | Customer Service 1-800-517-1035