Mon, 19 Nov 2012, 06:16 AM
2013 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Engine Specifications
Courtesy of NHRA Communications
"NHRA spent countless hours speaking with the engine builders and manufacturers as well as the
race teams to come up with the final engine specifications for 2013," said Glen Gray, vice
president of technical operations, NHRA. "As a result, we believe NHRA fans are in store for some
exciting side-by-side racing in the Pro Stock Motorcycle category in 2013."
• V-twin design - up to 160 cid
• In-Line 4 cylinder type - up to 107 cid
• V-twin engine cylinder angle is 60 degrees. Maximum allowable cylinder angle from vertical
is 45 degrees.
• Maximum bore spacing is 98mm for In-Line. Maximum cylinder offset on V-twin is 1".
• All V-twin engines must use a push-rod, rocker arm design for the valve activation. Minimum
push-rod length is 8.0".
• All in-line 4 cylinder engines must use the overhead camshaft design.
• Maximum 2 valves per cylinder for all engines.
• The only exception is the Kawasaki engine. The Kawasaki engine is allowed maximum of 4
valves per cylinder.
• Variable cam timing devices, pneumatic actuation and finger followers are not permitted.
• Fuel injection permitted.
• Direct injection (into the combustion chamber) not permitted.
• All ECU systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Maximum one injector per cylinder.
• All ignition systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Aftermarket crank triggered, capacitive discharge (cd) ignition systems permitted.
• Magnetos are not permitted.
NHRA: 10 Most Recent Entries [ top ]
Jan 22- Worsham Inks Six-Race Deal With Lucas Oil
Jan 19- Gateway Motorsports Park, Gateway Kartplex will have a Significant presence at this Weekend's St. Louis Auto Show
Jan 19- BIR's 2017 Schedule is Heavy on Variety Again
Jan 19- NHRA Announces Jet Car Program Expansion for 2017 Season
Jan 18- NHRA on Fox to Feature 16 Live Sunday Eliminations Shows
Jan 17- FEATURE- Nitro Hat Trick Part IV
Jan 14- FEATURE- Nitro Hat Trick Part III
Jan 13- POMONA 1 - Event Preview
Jan 13- DSR Machinist Berryhill Wins Chili Bowl Wednesday A Main
Jan 12- FEATURE- Nitro Hat Trick Part II