Mon, 19 Nov 2012, 06:16 AM
2013 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Engine Specifications
Courtesy of NHRA Communications
"NHRA spent countless hours speaking with the engine builders and manufacturers as well as the
race teams to come up with the final engine specifications for 2013," said Glen Gray, vice
president of technical operations, NHRA. "As a result, we believe NHRA fans are in store for some
exciting side-by-side racing in the Pro Stock Motorcycle category in 2013."
• V-twin design - up to 160 cid
• In-Line 4 cylinder type - up to 107 cid
• V-twin engine cylinder angle is 60 degrees. Maximum allowable cylinder angle from vertical
is 45 degrees.
• Maximum bore spacing is 98mm for In-Line. Maximum cylinder offset on V-twin is 1".
• All V-twin engines must use a push-rod, rocker arm design for the valve activation. Minimum
push-rod length is 8.0".
• All in-line 4 cylinder engines must use the overhead camshaft design.
• Maximum 2 valves per cylinder for all engines.
• The only exception is the Kawasaki engine. The Kawasaki engine is allowed maximum of 4
valves per cylinder.
• Variable cam timing devices, pneumatic actuation and finger followers are not permitted.
• Fuel injection permitted.
• Direct injection (into the combustion chamber) not permitted.
• All ECU systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Maximum one injector per cylinder.
• All ignition systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Aftermarket crank triggered, capacitive discharge (cd) ignition systems permitted.
• Magnetos are not permitted.
NHRA: 10 Most Recent Entries [ top ]
Jul 27- SONOMA - NHRA Pro Bike Battle Preview
Jul 27- SONOMA - Plenty Still on the Line for Defending Top Fuel World Champion
Jul 27- SEATTLE - Top Fuel Standout Richie Crampton Confident Turnaround Will Come Heading
Jul 27- SONOMA - Toyota NHRA Sonoma Nationals Pit Notes
Jul 27- SONOMA - Cacklefest, Nostalgia Get-Together Highlight 50 Years of Funny Car Celebration
Jul 27- SONOMA - Raceway Celebrates 50 Years of Funny Car with Starting Line Party
Jul 27- NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Event Agreement Extended With Houston's Royal Purple
Jul 27- Kasey Coler Named NHRA Vice President of Marketing and Brand Strategy
Jul 27- BRAINERD - Event Preview
Jul 27- SEATTLE - Event Preview