ENNIS, Texas --
Wed, 08 May 2013, 20:33 PM
Texas Motorplex Seeks Sales Team Leader
Texas Motorplex has been hosting championship racing and family entertainment events since 1986 and
has one of the most loyal fan followings in professional sports. The Motorplex hosts more than 60
events each year including a championship playoff NHRA national event.
We have a dynamic staff that has worked as a team for several years and we are looking to add a
self-starting sales leader who can be a positive addition to our team.
SALES LEADER DUTIES:
Texas Motorplex is a fast-paced environment and we are looking for a driven, self-motivated,
sales-oriented and passionate individual to execute sponsorship sales. Texas Motorplex has a vast
inventory to sell, including signage throughout the 300-acre property, executive suites, event
sponsorship and much more.
- Handle existing clients ensuring all contracts are fulfilled and obligations met while
renewing agreements for future years.
- Seek sponsorship opportunities on behalf of Texas Motorplex to local, regional and national
prospects in and out of the racing industry.
- Total sales execution: Seek prospects, make contact, schedule meeting, create and deliver
presentations, contract negotiation and closing of sales.
- MUST be able to close deals.
- Must be able to create marketing platforms and new sales and sponsorship opportunities.
- Must be able to hit sales goals.
- Must be able to attend weekly team meetings and be ready to give sales updates.
- Must be organized and keep accurate records of performance, prospecting and all other sales
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have at least four years of previous sales experience.
- Racing or automotive industry experience preferred.
- Must be a self-starter who doesn't need to be micro-managed and will actively be part of
the Motorplex team.
- Must be able to close sales deals.
- Must be able to represent the owners and staff of Texas Motorplex by being a highly visible
- Must have strong negotiating and closing skills to go with a highly professional attitude.
- Must be organized and able to keep accurate records, send out weekly reports, create sales
pitches and presentations and overall have dynamic organization skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and perform under pressure.
- Must be able to fulfill contractual obligations and work fast-paced racing and
entertainment events with and for clients.
- Racing or automotive contacts a must, national contacts preferred.
- Must be a problem-solver with great flexibility.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and events as needed.
- Must be a proficient computer user: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Annual salary: $50,000-$70,000 depending on experience and past closed sales figures
- Health insurance
- Competitive commission rates including increased rates for closed multi-year contracts
To be considered for the position, please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drag News: 10 Most Recent Entries [ top ]
Aug 12- Bowman Conquers 'The Mountain' to Win $100,000 World Series of Pro Mod
Aug 05- Menholt Wins Aeromotive Wild Card Shootout at World Series of Pro Mod
Aug 04- Malvaso Conquers Supercharged Bounty Hunters Field at Lancaster Dragway
Aug 04- Friday Night Twice as Nice for Wayne Cleveland at Lancaster
Aug 04- Tucci Named Official Announcer of World Series of Pro Mod
Aug 04- Stand 21 to Award Custom Helmet to World Series of Pro Mod Winner
Aug 04- July 28-29 Results from Gateway Motorsports Park's Dragplex, including Missouri Street Car
Aug 04- Carlson is BIR's King of the Track
Aug 03- Surmatchewski, Stirk, Coonly are All Winners in TNT Super Series at Toronto
Aug 03- Pete Maduri Jr. Wins TNT Super Series Bonus Race at Lancaster