Mon, 19 Nov 2012, 06:16 AM
2013 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Engine Specifications
Courtesy of NHRA Communications
"NHRA spent countless hours speaking with the engine builders and manufacturers as well as the
race teams to come up with the final engine specifications for 2013," said Glen Gray, vice
president of technical operations, NHRA. "As a result, we believe NHRA fans are in store for some
exciting side-by-side racing in the Pro Stock Motorcycle category in 2013."
• V-twin design - up to 160 cid
• In-Line 4 cylinder type - up to 107 cid
• V-twin engine cylinder angle is 60 degrees. Maximum allowable cylinder angle from vertical
is 45 degrees.
• Maximum bore spacing is 98mm for In-Line. Maximum cylinder offset on V-twin is 1".
• All V-twin engines must use a push-rod, rocker arm design for the valve activation. Minimum
push-rod length is 8.0".
• All in-line 4 cylinder engines must use the overhead camshaft design.
• Maximum 2 valves per cylinder for all engines.
• The only exception is the Kawasaki engine. The Kawasaki engine is allowed maximum of 4
valves per cylinder.
• Variable cam timing devices, pneumatic actuation and finger followers are not permitted.
• Fuel injection permitted.
• Direct injection (into the combustion chamber) not permitted.
• All ECU systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Maximum one injector per cylinder.
• All ignition systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Aftermarket crank triggered, capacitive discharge (cd) ignition systems permitted.
• Magnetos are not permitted.
NHRA: 10 Most Recent Entries [ top ]
Sep 02- INDY - Defending Indy Winner Shane Gray Eager to Follow Up U.S. Nationals Victory
Sep 02- INDY - C. Force and Millican Earn Lottery Starting Spots in Traxxas Nitro Shootout at Indy
Sep 02- INDY - Super Stock Qualifying, Session #2 Order
Sep 02- INDY - Stock Eliminator Qualifying, Session #2 Order
Sep 02- INDY - Super Stock Qualifying, Session #1 Order
Sep 02- INDY - Stock Eliminator Qualifying, Session #1 Order
Sep 01- INDY - Wednesday Schedule
Sep 01- INDY - Funny Car Star Robert Hight Ready for Added Pressure
Aug 31- INDY - Todd Inserted into Traxxas Nitro Shootout Top Fuel Field in Place of Massey
Aug 31- INDY - Three-Time Top Fuel World Champion Larry Dixon has Four Decades of Memories