Mon, 19 Nov 2012, 06:16 AM
2013 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Engine Specifications
Courtesy of NHRA Communications
"NHRA spent countless hours speaking with the engine builders and manufacturers as well as the
race teams to come up with the final engine specifications for 2013," said Glen Gray, vice
president of technical operations, NHRA. "As a result, we believe NHRA fans are in store for some
exciting side-by-side racing in the Pro Stock Motorcycle category in 2013."
• V-twin design - up to 160 cid
• In-Line 4 cylinder type - up to 107 cid
• V-twin engine cylinder angle is 60 degrees. Maximum allowable cylinder angle from vertical
is 45 degrees.
• Maximum bore spacing is 98mm for In-Line. Maximum cylinder offset on V-twin is 1".
• All V-twin engines must use a push-rod, rocker arm design for the valve activation. Minimum
push-rod length is 8.0".
• All in-line 4 cylinder engines must use the overhead camshaft design.
• Maximum 2 valves per cylinder for all engines.
• The only exception is the Kawasaki engine. The Kawasaki engine is allowed maximum of 4
valves per cylinder.
• Variable cam timing devices, pneumatic actuation and finger followers are not permitted.
• Fuel injection permitted.
• Direct injection (into the combustion chamber) not permitted.
• All ECU systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Maximum one injector per cylinder.
• All ignition systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Aftermarket crank triggered, capacitive discharge (cd) ignition systems permitted.
• Magnetos are not permitted.
NHRA: 10 Most Recent Entries [ top ]
Nov 30- NHRA Announces Changes to Competition Index Control System For Comp Eliminator
Nov 28- Steve Reyes Legends- Gone But Not Forgotten
Nov 24- One-on-One with Andrew Hines
Nov 22- One-on-One with Del Worsham
Nov 22- JEGS SPORTSnationals Returns to its Kentucky Roots in 2016
Nov 20- Severance, Lindberg, Lamb, Helms, Brannon and Elrod Lock Up Championships
Nov 19- POMONA 2 -- Through the Lens of Gary Nastase
Nov 18- Summit Racing Equipment Extends Title Sponsorship of NHRA Jr. Drag Racing League
Nov 18- NHRA Updates License Procedure to Streamline Process
Nov 18- Piper, Steffen, Hastings and Schwalm Earn Summit National Championships