Mon, 19 Nov 2012, 06:16 AM
2013 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Engine Specifications
Courtesy of NHRA Communications
"NHRA spent countless hours speaking with the engine builders and manufacturers as well as the
race teams to come up with the final engine specifications for 2013," said Glen Gray, vice
president of technical operations, NHRA. "As a result, we believe NHRA fans are in store for some
exciting side-by-side racing in the Pro Stock Motorcycle category in 2013."
• V-twin design - up to 160 cid
• In-Line 4 cylinder type - up to 107 cid
• V-twin engine cylinder angle is 60 degrees. Maximum allowable cylinder angle from vertical
is 45 degrees.
• Maximum bore spacing is 98mm for In-Line. Maximum cylinder offset on V-twin is 1".
• All V-twin engines must use a push-rod, rocker arm design for the valve activation. Minimum
push-rod length is 8.0".
• All in-line 4 cylinder engines must use the overhead camshaft design.
• Maximum 2 valves per cylinder for all engines.
• The only exception is the Kawasaki engine. The Kawasaki engine is allowed maximum of 4
valves per cylinder.
• Variable cam timing devices, pneumatic actuation and finger followers are not permitted.
• Fuel injection permitted.
• Direct injection (into the combustion chamber) not permitted.
• All ECU systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Maximum one injector per cylinder.
• All ignition systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Aftermarket crank triggered, capacitive discharge (cd) ignition systems permitted.
• Magnetos are not permitted.
NHRA: 10 Most Recent Entries [ top ]
Oct 21- Dallas Through the Lens of Gary Nastase
Oct 20- NHRA Champion Allen Johnson, Marathon Petroleum Announce Extended Sponsorship Agreement
Oct 20- LAS VEGAS 2 - Top Fuel Star Brittany Force Ready for a High Stakes Finish Heading to NHRA Toyota Nationals
Oct 19- Fifty Years Of Funny Car to Highlight NHRA Breakfast at 2016 Sema Show
Oct 19- SealMaster, Kalitta Motorsports Announce Contract Extension
Oct 18- My Favorite Fifty- Part0 II
Oct 17- DALLAS - Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Wrap Up
Oct 17- DALLAS - Sunday Videos
Oct 17- DALLAS - AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals Special Awards
Oct 16- DALLAS - Sunday Wrap Up