Mon, 19 Nov 2012, 06:16 AM
2013 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle Engine Specifications
Courtesy of NHRA Communications
"NHRA spent countless hours speaking with the engine builders and manufacturers as well as the
race teams to come up with the final engine specifications for 2013," said Glen Gray, vice
president of technical operations, NHRA. "As a result, we believe NHRA fans are in store for some
exciting side-by-side racing in the Pro Stock Motorcycle category in 2013."
• V-twin design - up to 160 cid
• In-Line 4 cylinder type - up to 107 cid
• V-twin engine cylinder angle is 60 degrees. Maximum allowable cylinder angle from vertical
is 45 degrees.
• Maximum bore spacing is 98mm for In-Line. Maximum cylinder offset on V-twin is 1".
• All V-twin engines must use a push-rod, rocker arm design for the valve activation. Minimum
push-rod length is 8.0".
• All in-line 4 cylinder engines must use the overhead camshaft design.
• Maximum 2 valves per cylinder for all engines.
• The only exception is the Kawasaki engine. The Kawasaki engine is allowed maximum of 4
valves per cylinder.
• Variable cam timing devices, pneumatic actuation and finger followers are not permitted.
• Fuel injection permitted.
• Direct injection (into the combustion chamber) not permitted.
• All ECU systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Maximum one injector per cylinder.
• All ignition systems must be NHRA accepted.
• Aftermarket crank triggered, capacitive discharge (cd) ignition systems permitted.
• Magnetos are not permitted.
NHRA: 10 Most Recent Entries [ top ]
Aug 28- INDY - Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals Fan Fest on Monument =
Aug 28- BRAINERD - Through the Lens of Gary Nastase
Aug 26- INDY - First Career Countdown to the Championship Spot on the Line for Top Fuel's Leah
Aug 26- Johnson Jr. Quickest During Thursday Testing for Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals
Aug 25- Steve Reyes My Favorite Fifty- Part I
Aug 25- Crampton Quickest During Wednesday Testing for Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals
Aug 24- INDY - Fact Sheet
Aug 24- INDY - Morgan Lucas Knows Importance of Winning Prestigious Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals
Aug 24- Summit Racing to Open Fourth Super Store and Distribution Center
Aug 24- Fan Vote and Lottery to Decide Last Two Spots in Traxxas Nitro Shootout at Indianapolis